Happy Blogiversary To Me!
It was 1 year ago today that I started The View From Out Here!
It has been a pretty quick year, full of ups and downs in real life as well as with trying to stay committed to blogging. Overall it’s been a pretty good year though. I figured I’d try to go through some of the highlights from my blog from the first year.
Here we go:
- Total views: 44,000 +
- Total comments: 92
- 383 if we’re counting Spam
- Surprisingly, very few of these comments are from me…….the real ones, not the spam ones…….although those aren’t from me either!
- Total posts: 85 (I’m impressed that it made it that high with all the lulls in my posting frequency)
- At least 1,500 views every month!
- At least 100 views every day for the past 2 months!
- Busiest day: July 27th with 3,300 + views!
- Top viewed post with over 30,000 views : Buy a truck, get a free AK47
- Go figure, it’s also the top commented post as well
- My favourite post: Mass Flooding in Hamilton, ON
- This is the closest I’ve ever come to breaking a news story. I was driving on the Red Hill Expressway when it flooded and I had the whole scoop, complete with photos. Which I posted as soon as I got off the road. It was so cool to get like 3000 views in like 9 hours when the most I’d had in a day before that was about 10 since it was in my first month of blogging.
- More than 1 person subscribed, so a hearty thank you to you all!
- Number of people I helped with web development (that I’m aware of): 4
- Most of my top search terms are either to do with AK47 or Flooding but, I have a surprising number of searches for “cat deer”, “bird and fox”, as well as xkcd
- The number one thing clicked on in this blog is………the Hamilton SPCA link (the one with the cat & dog in the sidebar). Apparently people like it, which I’m glad for. I wish I knew if anyone ever adopted an animal after coming from here…
- Number of themes I’ve used………..1! Shocking I know.
Okay, so year 1 went well. I hope that the second year comes just as easily as the first did, I’ve enjoyed it all. Thanks to everyone who reads, please, feel free to comment as well!! Have a wonderful and uplifting day everyone!